Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Off for the side job

Well friends, it's time again for me to dust off the cheesy vocal cords and hit the road for some broadcast work. Everybody knows how much I love sports broadcasting and sometime wonder why I don't do it full time. Don't get me wrong, with the right gig I would jump back into it full time with no hesitation. But in the meantime, having several freelance opportunities throughout the year is the best "hobby" I could have ever asked for.

As many of you know, I've been doing more and more freelance work for the NCAA and their championships. The best thing about it is that it gives me exposure in a lot of different (some might call them unique) sports. I've done more and more volleyball lately and now the time has come for a new broadcast endeavor: GOLF!

Yeah, it's hard to believe that somebody who has been so involved in every aspect of the game, I have never actually broadcast a single round of golf. Well, over the next two weeks, I will get a whole lot of it. So, check me out for both the 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Division-1 Golf Championships.

Starting on Thursday, you can watch the women's action from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Broadcast times are 10:00-2:00 & 3:00-7:00 Mountain Time. Same schedule on Friday. That's 16 hours of golf coverage. Everything can be seen on http://www.ncaasports.com/.

I am not sure about the exact times, but you'll get the same coverage next weekend for the men's championships from Lafayette (Purdue's home course). We will be broadcasting on Friday and Saturday. I hope you can spare a few moments to log on and see some of the action. I would appreciate any feedback. Since I am terrible about taking pictures, I hope somebody will snap a few while I am out there and I'll throw them up here when I get back.

Coming home on Saturday just in time for the Greatest Spectacle in Racing... which, with our ever-growing group of race attendees, has become the greatest spectacle in bad outfits. Here's a preview of coming attractions for Sunday. I'm sure more embarassing photos will surface after the weekend:


No comments: