Monday, May 12, 2008

Golf and Travel

Two of my favorite things and it's that time of year for both of them on my schedule. And while Mandy doesn't like the time it might take me away from home (damn those slow golfers and airport security lines!), I am excited about getting into my element in the next few weeks.

Tomorrow, I am off to New York City for the 2nd time this year. It's what I like to call a "quickie" in terms of business trips. I'll actually be in the city for less than 24 hours. Fly in, change clothes, spread the good word, chat over a cocktail with alumni, sleep, fly home. I actually enjoy these trips the most. You feel like you're out working and gone, but the time away from home is minimal. Not to mention that I love visiting NYC, but not staying for an extended period of time.

And, next week, I can cross another state of my USA travel accomplishments, as I will be in New Mexico, broadcasting the Division-1 women's golf championships. You'll be able to watch them online at http://www.ncaasports.com/. I am really excited about the opportunity.

Speaking of golf, I have been trying to play a bit more competitively this year, joining a couple of low-impact leagues, but it still puts you with strangers and some expectations to perform. And today, I put my hat in the ring for the Indiana State Amateur. I'd have to qualify during the first week of June, but hopefully I can get on the big stage and see where my game is compared to the studs around the state.

I'll be sure to keep everybody posted on if I make the field or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Willdo! Don't forget the rainbow towel.