Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grace

Ahhh...Grace.
Will and I are coming off of a super rough week, and feeling incredibly blessed to be coming through the storm together-- healthy and strong.
My friend/co-worker had her child's funeral today, which was heart-wrenching, and through blurry eyes, I drove home after the service to give my "G" a hug. Although I have no children of my own to truly experience the pain a mother would, I feel very much a mommy to Gracie. And today in that church, I kept thinking of her. We got her when she was just 6 weeks old, and have raised her from a fluffy little pup. I love watching her personality shine through. I love how she snuggles first thing in the morning under the covers with us. I love how she sits on my lap even though she's 87 pounds. I love the expressions on her face. I love watching her learn and drool and rollover. I love her. She brings us pure joy. Here are a couple quick pics of our snuggle monkey.

No comments: