Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Wknd

Feeling like an old fart....
One of my best girlfriends will be getting married this summer, and as a good bridesmaid, I make the trek up to Lafayette to throw her one last “fling before the ring,” or so her Coozie said.
We had a cheering, jeering time singing along with Bruce in the Piano Bar, dancing for hours, and ended the night with a little Taco Bell since the bar that gives out free hots dogs (my personal heaven) was closed. Anywhoozer, we finally made it back for a couple hours of sleep before the sun came up, and now I feel like I did push ups all night long. I am sore, exhausted, and have some nasty really-cute-shoes blisters. Uff.

Hence, I am enjoying a little snuggle time with big Grace (who has been super lazy today), while Will parties down at the 500, and cleaning a little.

I don’t usually get evangelical about cleaning products, but lately I have been thinking about how much I love what I’m using now. It’s called Shaklee. It’s non-toxic and super safe for the environment—inside and outside the house!

About a year ago, Grace stuck her head in a bucket of Mr. Clean, and after her eyes swelled completely shut, and we spent an evening at the puppy EV getting her some doggie drugs, I began thinking about the little chemical cocktails we cook up in our houses just trying to keep things clean! Bleach on the tub, bleach on our clothes, and that acidy Easy-off you spray on the inside of the oven that almost took my eyelashes off the first and last time I used it….these things can’t be safe.

I love knowing know that Grace can lick the wet kitchen floor after I’ve mopped it (and she will), and be just fine.

The even cooler thing about the products is that they send you one bottle of basic H2 (one bottle is 16 oz and makes 48 GALLONS of cleaner) and several empty bottles for you to mix/create your own combos based on what you’re cleaning. Genius! This cuts down on the bottles that you would otherwise toss into our growing landfills, and lets us recycle and reuse for our own purposes.

In addition to how much I love this concept, I love that this stuff really cleans. I have some of my mommy friends hooked on the stain removers, and the “scour off” is gentle on your skin (and your eyelashes) and gets the grit off the oven just a well. I am a big fan. No more rubber gloves when I clean, no more putting Grace in her kennel, no more poisoning the people I love!

Okay, getting off the sop box now. If you’re interested, though, visit http://www.shaklee.com/ for a starter kit. Happy Memorial Day everybody!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's always great to read when people first discover the Shaklee cleaning products. I've used these for over 40 years and sometimes take them for granted.

Feel free to post this website on your blog, I do a weekly drawing for a full bottle of H2 with the spray bottles. It's my way of advertising :-)

The website is www.biggreengiveaway.com

Good luck!
Nicole