Thursday, April 24, 2008

Born to Run

Well, I wanted to update the good ol' blog a few times this week, but Mandy has been swamped at the office and I have been waiting for some pictures. The boys trip to GR last weekend was an absolute blast! I'll post a funny picture of old men behaving badly soon...

This is the big weekend for Mandy and I. We will be in Nashville for the Country Music Half Marathon on Saturday morning. It's an early start, with the gun sounding at 7:00 a.m. (Central)! The weather is calling for a chance of storms and showers, so we are crossing our fingers tight that we won't have to run in soggy shoes.

You can track all of our progress in the morning by visiting www.cmmarathon.com and clicking on the results tab. Because of the wave starts, we probably won't actually cross the start line until 20 minutes or so after the official start. My goal is to run the 13.1 miles in under 2 hours, but I will not be disappointed if I finish in 2:10. So, log on and cheer us on!

And, I didn't want to do this, but I have to: How about those Cubs?!?!?! I can't stop watching them until they lose another game, and I lost some serious sleep last night staying up with them in Colorado. I am not making any bold predictions or getting confident (I still don't like the starting pitching staff), but it is fun to be a Cub fan right now.

We'll update everybody on the weekend come Monday...

No comments: