Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weekly update

 
The windows are wide open this morning and I am loving the amazing fall breeze coming through! This will make me sound so lame, but I have learned to love really productive Friday nights (yep, old), but truly-- being able to pick up the dry cleaning, run to the bank, cook and get all the cleaning done makes Saturday and Sunday feel amazing! We can sleep in, make lattes, cook, walk and read all before Noon! It's the best gift I can give myself after a long week.

This week, I happily helped mom with a couple things for her big show that went off without a hitch, and was welcomed home yesterday to the sweetest surprise. She had loaded our front porch with mums, pumpkins and my favorite little cabbages for fall. What a blessing! I have been meaning to get my butt to our local farmers market to load up on these things and have been envisioning them in our garden and on our stoop for days this week, as I've noticed the leaves changing and drifting down the streets. Somehow she read my mind, and I am so grateful. Here's a quick pic.
Gracie is in the backyard right now hunting our groundhog, Gary, which is hilarious to watch. She has the most adorable playful puppy instincts so the moment that she starts to look serious, something makes her wild with excitement. :) And she completly looses whatever concentration she had. We can't believe she will be two in November! We love her so much, and she brings us such joy. We seriously can't imagine loving a baby more than her, although I'm sure we will someday. :)

Will has been on the road a bit this fall, and I get to take a turn this week. I'm headed to Wilmington to meet a few clients tomorrow and will be back Monday night. It feels odd to be traveling again, as the most travel I've done the past three years has been up to 86th street and back :) 

We got to visit our friends Kristi and Brian in Columbus last weekend and their adorable baby boy, Camden. We loved getting to share a couple days with them, just chatting and strolling and running around. We got to meet their great friends and have dinner together Saturday night. It was such a nice break, and reminded us that a short trip out of town to visit friends you don't get to see very much is so worth the time. Plus, they always let us bring Grace, who plays with their two Westies well, even though she looks like a small horse standing next to them. :)
Here's a shot of our "hunting dog."

Happy hunting to you all! Pumpkin hunting, that is.




No comments: