Saturday, June 28, 2008

You might be a redneck if....









You love your $8 Wal-Mart blow-up baby pool so much, you spend the whole day in it. Oh yeah...
It's been a hot, sticky summer in Indiana, and Grace wishes she could shed the fur coat. Since we can't bear to buzz our pup, we have "invested" in a pool-- it's orange and I blew it up myself. When the temps began hitting 90+ today, we went out with G for a dip after a wild game of fetch, and it turned into swim suits, sun screen, and several hours of lazy conversation. Redneck yacht club, I know.... But it was seriously fun. Basement is coming along great-- walls were painted last night, and I got most of the floor done this morning. The fumes nearly gassed me to death, not to mention a run in with a spider nest (in an old paint can) and large slug that I'm pretty sure rolled over and asked me for a sandwich and a cigarette. Yes, I was dizzy, but he was straight out of Blue Planet; antennae and all.
Stay tuned for picts…. Happy swimming.




1 comment:

Mike's Deck said...

I gotta love this! This is my kinda livin'. What fun! Please just don't do a "Hey, Earl, watch this!" off of your garage roof into your pool... not until it's a little deeper, anyway.

Whadda Weekend!!

Your Old Swimming Teacher