Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch..."

Ah, the cranky days are upon us. Dark drives home, mumbling in the dark car about Daylight Savings Time and why it sucks, who’s gonna walk the dog in the dark and risk being surprised by an attacker hiding in the brush that you can’t see because it’s…uh…DARK!
Let me just say that I am seriously one of the whitest gals you’ll ever meet. I burn in the sun; no, cook. I get the worst sun poisoning just from the heat of it, and generally stay huddled in a sarong with a large hat in a cabana on vacation. My freckles morph into large slightly darker splotches by July, and I spend August at the dermatologist being routinely scanned for Basel cells.
But wait…. where did it go? I neeeeed it! I want it! Come back Mister Sun!

The reason I know this winter weather is getting to me is that I have begun at least three nasty, nasty blogs this week (so unlike me) only to come to my senses and delete them before I’d post against my better judgment.

So… I’m outing myself. My name is Mandy, and I haven’t been blogging because I’ve been an angry little hermit. Okay, this is not entirely true.

I do miss the sun, yes.
But, we have had a great couple weeks skipping our workouts and snuggling up with hot chocolate and an overloaded DVR. G has missed several workouts because of the rain, but has slept soundly every night—thank you hibernation gene.

With the holidays coming up and all the great fun we’ve had, I do have a harder time keeping “Josi” (My mom and Will named my mean alter-ego) at bay this time of year. Does anyone else feel the burn?

Wishing you warm, winter months without the S.A.D. ☺

No comments: