Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Man Behind the Microphone

Things were a lot easier three years ago when people would ask, "Hey Will, how's the broadcasting going," and I could simply answer that I was working for all Butler Basketball broadcasts. People understood that and could (sometimes) relate to it. Now, as a freelancer, I am getting more work and different gigs, but they slip past the audience a bit more frequently.

As some of you know, volleyball has sort of become my new niche sport, and this weekend, you can catch a whole load of volleyball action as I call all seven matches (solo btw, sorry vocal chords) of the 2008 NCAA Division III Volleyball Championships. This is my second year in a row doing this (I did the DII tourney in '06) and again it is from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL.

You can follow the results and action by clicking on this link: Will & Volleyball?!?!. Under each game header there is a word "streaming." It should be an active link by the start of each match and will take you to the video/audio.

Thursday the 20th - Four matches starting at 1:00 CST
Friday the 21st - Two semifinal matches starting at 4:30 CST
Saturday the 22nd - A champion crowned starting at 7:00 CST

I don't get paid by the web hit, but you never know what my agent my work out next. And by agent, I mean me!

No comments: