Monday, September 8, 2008

Season of Change

When Mandy and I went on vacation a few weeks ago, we commented about how this was the first fall in a long time where we didn't have a whole lot of change taking place in our lives. In the past it was always something: new job, new house, marriage, etc. One of us was always in a period of flux. This year? Well, we called ourselves boring! Ha!

I guess my wife was sick and tired of a season without change:

I am proud to announce that Mandy is shifting (albeit slightly) in her career and has accepted a new position to work for an agency called Bradley & Montgomery. I am so proud of her and this decision. While locally based, the agency offers a wide variety of national clients for my brilliant wife to stretch her growing advertising ideas.

This is not to say that she isn't a little sad to be leaving her recent home at Publicis. I'm going to miss them too. Great people and a fantastic organization. However, in the competitive world of advertising, job security and client loyalty are never guarantees, and the structure of this new job is perfect for Mandy to really settle down in. I don't think either of us expected a quick change, but it's amazing how quickly the wheels can turn when offers come calling. I am so proud of how quickly Mandy has built her professional resume and credibility here in town and I know this move will be great for everybody.

So, fall is back and we are changing again! Speaking of other fun change, we'll get pictures up on the blog soon of our new backyard, complete with patio furniture!

And, let's not forget the biggest development from this past weekend: I splurged and bought a Wii. Yep, welcome back to my life video games! I'm sure I'll have arm injury stories to report on as I continue to devlop my mad Wii skillz.

Enjoy the crisp air as fall gets closer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job, Mandy! And Will...congrats on the Wii! Hope all is well in Nap Town.