Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

The crazy overwhelming feeling of coming back to your long forgotten blog after it's been... well... forgotten is so intimidating. I feel like I should be making excuses. Like Will and I went on sabbatical. We spent the past 6 weeks rowing a tiny wooden boat across the dead sea...wwiiith a leak in it...and the boat sank. Sooo we swam, and then we wanted to come home but had to learn the language on the island first, and there were lemurs, and coconut sized mosquitos, and no electricity and....

The truth is, that's not the truth.

To borrow a line from one of my favorite blogs, dooce, "...the holidays seemed to have picked me up by my feet, swung me around its head, and flung me into a dumpster. The one behind Sizzler."

Super glad to be outta there (the dumpster), and back to navigating our figurative little wooden boat into a brand new year. So many exciting things are happening in our lives, and for the first time in a long time, I feel certain that I'm right where I need to be. Every day making progress on my ever-lengthening, ever-ascending path.

And the cardio feels good.

No comments: